Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Invitation Paper

One of the first things I shopped for in the wedding planning was paper for the invitations. I spent days looking at websites for design inspiration, sources, and pricing. I considered using Waste Not card stock, or other fun colored papers but settled on Arturo Fine Stationery from Jerry's Artarama. It is a beautiful soft white cotton paper made in Italy for just a little more money. This is a classic, slightly more formal, traditional mold made paper that would indicate "handmade", not "homemade". When ordering from Jerry's, this paper comes flat or folded in a choice of three colors, in various sizes, and matching envelopes, in boxes of 100. Other websites have smaller quantities, but are more expensive. This quantity worked well for me since I had extras for mistakes, misprints and an unexpected addition of the rehearsal dinner invitation to add.

When planning a wedding, the guides recommend first picking your colors, theme, and formality, and make sure everything matches that plan. I had a hard time knowing what message each item I chose would connote. Was the paper too formal for a beach wedding? Ultimately, it did set the right tone for our semi-formal beach wedding.

No comments: