Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Handmade Wedding in Florida

Last summer, my sweetheart Paul and I got engaged on the banks of the Seine River in Paris. Our wedding was a little over a month ago on May 23rd, on Clearwater Beach where I grew up. Being the artist and crafter that I am, I had to have my hand in every aspect of the wedding. Nothing was purchased for the wedding that I couldn't have made myself. This created a very personal, and economical wedding, but also a labor intensive one as well. Now that we are settled back at home, I am ready to share my wedding projects, and how they were designed and made.

The Save the Date Postcard

My best friend Kristin was married in Florida a few years ago on Anna Maria Island. On the flight to the wedding, my then boyfriend Paul, took a great picture through the window over Clearwater Beach which we ended up using for our save the date postcard. We wanted to use it to set the tone for the beach wedding we were about to have.


For the front of the postcard, I added text to the front utilizing the orange color from the plane wing in the photo. On the back, I did a pen and ink drawing of palm trees which I scanned, and brought in to Illustrator to finish the layout. When I was finished, I emailed the files to the printer and picked them up a few days later. This was the only piece in the invitation set that I didn't print myself by hand. It was a great collaborative postcard between Paul and me.


No comments: