Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Questionnaire

I am exhibiting at Rembrandt Yard next week with Open Arts, and for the show, they had the artists fill out a fun questionnaire instead of an artist statement.  Here are the questions, and my response;


1)      Where were you born and where did you grow up? I was born in Warren, Pennsylvania and moved to Safety Harbor, Florida when I was eight years old.
2)      What quote or special thought do you live by? Life loves those that dare to live it.
3)      What CD, book or film has most moved you? Neko Case's cd Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
4)      Please describe the world where you create your work. My studio is in a corner of a group studio 
5)      What inspires you to create something new? Seeing old patina surfaces with layers of color 
6)      Please finish this thought.  Art is like…a collaboration between an artist and a higher being outside themselves
7)      What music or song makes you jump up out of your chair and dance? Disco is my favorite dance music
8)      If you were asked to create a work of art for a famous historical figure, who would you choose, why and what would you present to them? I would give Georgia O'Keefe a woodcut of sun bleached bones from the desert

What would your answers to these questions be?

1 comment:

Fun Questionnaire said...

I was unable to answer your questions, as i really don't know where i was born. But, your questions are great and useful for human kind.thanks for sharing!!