Thursday, June 10, 2010

A new "Swatting Butterflies Away From My Stomach" print in progress

The week before the Open Studios Spring Art Fair I sold my 4' x 4' woodcut print, "Swatting Away Butterflies From My Stomach" to a friend of a studio mate that lived in Massachusetts.  I wanted to display it at the show, and carefully brought it along.  The show went great, and I shipped the piece off to my client after it was over.  Previous to all of this, I had also entered the piece in an upcoming works on wood exhibition at Abecedarian Gallery in Denver. So, since it sold I had to make another print to show.  Here are some in progress photos of how it comes together.
Cutting out the hands 

Each butterfly was individually cut out

Hand printed sheets of paper hanging to dry in the studio.  These will be cut apart and reassembled on to a wood panel

The lower portion of the print hanging to dry

I will post more in progress pictures  tomorrow!

No comments: