Saturday, June 12, 2010

My new "Swatting Away Butterflies From My Stomach" piece is finished!

My previous post showed my butterfly piece in its early stages as it was cut out from the paper.  Today I will show the final stages of putting this piece together.
The board I used to mount the piece was sealed with a water based polyurethane, and two coats of gesso.  Green paper to was glued down first, and was cut to lie just underneath the figure which was glued on top.

The butterflies were carefully glued down in the stomach area of the figure to swarm in a circular pattern.  I kept the left hand separate to glue down over the butterflies.

The finished piece with the left arm re-attached.  I really like how this one turned out, and how the yellows in the green paper pick up on the colors in the butterflies.

Stop by the Summer Art Market this weekend to see "Swatting Butterflies Away From My Stomach" in person.  

No comments: