Friday, November 6, 2009

White Space tonight


A preview of my piece for White Space

Join me tonight, November 6 for White Space, a live art event held at Design Within Reach in Boulder.  Six artists create a work of art in two hours as guests bid on the pieces in a silent auction. There will be a DJ and bar to create a festive atmosphere.  The event is a fundraiser for Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, and half of the proceeds go back to the artists. 


Though the event is two hours, I have been preparing for White Space all week. The canvas size is 4' x 4', larger than any piece I've ever done before, and much larger than Dents De Lion which was 24" x 36".  I was excited to participate in this event to get me out of my comfort zone, and the theme of my piece reflects this idea.  Working this large in front of the public is very intimidating, but I'm ready for the challenge.  Please come out tonight to see my huge new woodcut, cheer me on, and bid on my work!


Design Within Reach Boulder Studio
2049 Broadway
Friday, November 6, 6:30 - 9pm
$5 suggested donation at the door

No comments: